On August 8th, some customers from the United States should have received a notice regarding updating their orders to Surface Mail (Premium) shipping.
We are doing this as the postal service has stopped all shipments to the United States, and currently it has not yet been announced when shipments will resume.
To clarify, if you have received the notice from our store and you wish to use Surface Mail (Premium) shipping, then you do not need to do anything. We will update your order and let you know when your order has been shipped.
Important: If however you wish to make any changes to your order (combining or changing shipping address), or use a different shipping method (for example DHL express), then please contact our support as soon as possible.
*Due to the large number of orders currently on hold, we have only sent out a notice to customers whose orders are scheduled to ship in the first batch of Surface shipments.
In the case you did not receive any notice, your order will still be held at our warehouse and will not ship with Surface Mail at the moment. Please look out for future updates and notices.
- Surface Mail (Premium) is not shipped by airplane like all other shipping methods we offer, so delivery times will on average be a little longer than usual. The estimated delivery time that we have been provided is approximately 1-2 months for final delivery.
- In case of shipping damages, our store will temporarily be providing a full compensation, covering the merchandise price and the shipping cost. (Please contact our support if you receive a damaged package) *Changes to reflect the actual insured value will be announced at a later date, packages shipped before the announcement will be processed as fully insured.
- Currently Surface Mail (Premium) is only available for packages on hold for shipment. *Eligible orders will be selected by our store, and customers will be informed when they have orders eligible to be updated to this shipping method.
- We will be shipping orders in batches (all orders shipped are considered a single shipment until it arrives to the destination), so individual tracking will not be available until the package arrives to the destination country.
- Claims regarding non-delivery can be made up to 1 month from that you receive the shipping notification with your tracking number. (Note: Some packages may be delayed over a month, in which case the claim will be closed once delivery has been confirmed)
- If your package has been stuck in the online tracking for over 2 weeks, please contact us as soon as possible for further assistance.
- Visible shipping damages should be reported to the delivery person when accepting the package, and you need to report any damaged content to our store within 1 week from the delivery date. (*Photos of damages are required)
AmiAmi Support team
Please add Russia to Surface Mail as soon as possible.
We have not yet received any information regarding additional shipping methods for Russia, but we will make sure to post an announcement as soon as we receive any information.
For updates regarding the situation with Japan Post, please refer to the COVID-19 shipping restrictions article, that will be updated when there are any changes.
Hi there! I got an email today that one of my orders is going to be shipped through surface mail premium, I have 9 other orders at your warehouse and was wondering if those would also be shipped through surface mail premium
Hello Andrea P Camargo,
Currently the type of goods that can be shipped by Surface Mail (Premium) is restricted, due to requirement for additional shipping documentation. We are however working on acquiring the necessary information, so that more orders will become eligible for Surface Mail (Premium) shipping.
It is therefore likely that more of your orders will become available for this shipping method in the future.
Also note that due to space limitations, older orders may be prioritized.
Hello. I have received a Shipping Notification in 09/17/2020 with this method telling me I have a parcel registration number, but when I enter the number in the Japan Post site, it says it doesn't exist (** Your item was not found. Confirm your item number and ask at your local office.). My question is: is the order going to show up until it arrives in the United States? If so, that's okay! I'm just curious and kinda nervous because right now I just don't know if I have the wrong number (I copy it directly from the email) or if this is just how it is and I just have to sit and wait. Thanks!
Hello Victor Manuel Campos Maldonado,
Packages shipped by Surface Mail (Premium) will not have any online tracking available until they arrive in the United States. Also note that the tracking number will change when the package is handed over to USPS for delivery, so we will send you a new notification with your tracking number when the tracking becomes available.
It should take roughly a month from shipment, until the package arrives to the United States, so it is likely that you should receive the second notification around the end of October.
Hello team! I'm currently a bit wary of shipping via surface mail and am wondering if there are any additional precautions taken to assure safe delivery of these rather fragile figures (additional padding, reinforced containers, etc.) As I'd rather have safely shipped figures rather than being reimbursed. Thank you!
Hello Christopher Droste,
We would like to ensure you that all packages are packed to provide safe shipping of the items.
Furthermore, Surface Mail (Premium) is safer than Surface Mail (Regular), and the largest reason for this is the fact that we rent a full container for the shipment to the United States, meaning that there will be less individual handling of the packages, which also means less risk of damages.
What we have seen so far, form the current ongoing trial, there has not yet been any reports of damaged items. Which seem to support the claims that this shipping method should be safe, and in case there are any problems, all packages are insured.
Please also not that you have the option to use DHL shipping, which is both safe and the fastest shipping method that we have available.
Does shipping damages include Package Loss? I sent in a ticket and have not heard back. I opened a claim with my local post office and they have concluded the package is actually loss and cannot be found anymore. Just wondering what my next steps are... I am also very concerned about another package I am receiving via this method as well becoming lost too.
Please sign in to leave a comment.